I have another school luncheon recipe to share with you! My arugula salad is quick and easy, tasty, and a healthier choice. Whenever I put this out, there is never any left. It’s a great option for any time during the year, but best in spring or late summer. It can all be prepped ahead of time and thrown together last minute.
The amount you will need for everything depends on how many people you are cooking for, but this typically makes enough small servings for 5-10 people. Keep in mind that usually for luncheons, there is so much food that each person only takes a little of everything.
- 9 oz of arugula
- 5 oz of craisins
- 2 lemons, zested & quartered
- Shredded parmesan
- Sliced almonds
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Squeeze juice from 6 wedges and combine with sugar in a small bowl
- Add craisins and marinate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Whisk marinade with olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper
- Cover marinade or pour into a small container
- In a large bowl, add arugula, parmesan, lemon zest, and almonds
- When ready to serve, add marinade and craisins. Toss
- Season with salt and pepper, adding remaining lemon juice as desired
That’s it! I hope your staff enjoys this quick and easy school luncheon recipe! It also works great for events outside of school too, like holidays or small get-togethers.
Interested in more luncheon recipes? Check out my Chicken Tortilla Soup here